BHN Celebrates 75 Years with First 5k Road Race/2 M Walk at Forest Park
The “BETTER HEALTH NOW!” 5K Run / 2 M Walk sponsored by Behavioral Health Network of Springfield will celebrate its momentous 75th anniversary.
Proceeds benefit “The Village”, BHN’s structured recovery home for African-American women, 18 years and older, including pregnant and post-partum women and their children. The Village offers a 24-hour long term residential program that includes counseling and case management services.
Our sponsors include: Health New England, CareerBuilder, Luceo, National Ambulance, Colonial Life Insurance, Cassidy Financial Services, Duke Insurance Brokerage, Chase, Clarke, Stewart & Fontana, VSP.
What: 5K RUN / 2M WALK
Where: Forest Park, Springfield, MA (leaving from and returning to the street area behind Walker Grandstand (baseball stadium) and the shuffleboard courts in Forest Park). Parking fee: $3 for in-state license plates, $5 for out of state license plates to enter Forest Park. Parking is available around the baseball diamonds.
When: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
- Online by going to www.accu-specracing.com (fees apply).
- $25 online pre-registration for adults and $5 for kids (ages 0-12 yrs) until 10/31/13. Participants who register by 10/19/13 will receive a race T-Shirt!
- $30 walk-in registration day of event (11/2/13). CASH ONLY
- $10 for employee participants. CASH ONLY
- $5 for kids (ages 0-12 yrs). CASH ONLY
- 8:30-9:30 am walk-in registration, 10 am event start.
Prizes will be awarded to the first place male and female road race winners as well as for age categories: age up to 18 yrs old, age 19-29, age 30-39, age 40-49, age 50-59, age 60+.
We’re also raffling off an iPad the end of our event!